Thursday 2 July 2009

Avoiding the heat as best I can

While the rest of the country has been basking in a heatwave I have been working either in air conditioned rooms or else in an office with the blinds permanently closed and the fan whirring away on my desk. However, the heat hasn't stopped my efforts at the gym - they have air conditioning and water in plentiful supply so I am pretty safe from heat/exhaustion. The wrist is still a bit dodgy so we concentrated on lower body exercises in my PT session last night - man do my legs know about it today! But I am signed up for gym circuits tonight so there is no rest yet.

Andy Murray made a better job of his quarter-final yesterday...he won in straight sets. So he has made it to the semis and the hopes of the country are raised again.

On Saturday we are off to Henley to go to the Royal Regatta - here's hoping the sun shines for that (although not too much - I don't want a repeat of the W shaped sunburn from last year - it was a V shape when I was still in the halter-neck dress but when I let everything down it was distinctly W shaped!!)

Best wishes to James Pettit who is being ordained at Canterbury Cathedral on Saturday too. And talking of ordinations, our NEW curate was ordained at Bristol Cathedral on Sunday last week and so he will be serving at his first services this Sunday - I am looking forward to meeting him at last. And the new youth pastor arrived in town this week so hopefully we will get to meet him too.

Dave went to book our holiday to Greece yesterday. We have such good holidays planned - in a month's time we will be on holiday in Devon; in three months time we will go on holiday to Greece and then in six months we will be on holiday in South Africa. We had so many years where we couldn't afford holidays or else they were cheap and cheerful affairs camping or house sitting. And a few breaks where we were fortunate enough to be paid for by Dave's Mum and Dad. So it has been lovely this year to be able to plan, book and pay for 4 breaks away (and getting more exotic as the year progresses!). Thank you Father for your provision.

No comments:

Post a Comment