Friday 24 July 2009

Moving on

I am sitting at my desk on my last day in this contract. I started here in March as a temporary gig for a month or two and here we are four months later. It could have gone on longer but my employer said 'enough is enough'. I will certainly miss the canteen who actually cook food from fresh and it tastes as good as it looks (as opposed to most work canteens who reheat food or make stuff from packets and its all a disappointment and you end up eating chips 'cos they are the only thing that tastes as it should). Oh and the Costa Coffee franchise they have here - I will miss that too!

I have been continuing with the exercise idea and it is beginning to have a positive effect on my size and shape but boy do I ache and man it is hard work! Last night I went running with our new youth pastor - we were supposed to work on hills specifically but ended up doing a 5 mile run which incorporated three hills of varying length but also the most torrential rain which meant we looked like drowned rats half way round. It was the first time I met Paul so it was nice to make such a dignified first impression!!

Today I am trying to decide if my legs are up to a cycle ride with Steve? I can't decide yet - my legs say no, my energy level says 'you must be kidding' and yet my waistline says 'its working, keep going'.

Oh and very exciting, Womad starts today and we have weekend tickets - I am definitely looking forward to Peter Gabriel tomorrow night! Lets hope the rain holds off for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment