Wednesday 14 November 2012

MADASH

MADASH is an acronym for Mondays at Dave and Sian's House. It's first incarnation was as a youth group which we led at King's Church but the new version is for mutual pastoral care at Malmesbury Abbey. It has only been going for three weeks and the idea is for us to meet together in an informal way and eat together and support each other. I can't speak for how others are seeing it but from my own point of view I am already making the transition from 'entertaining' to 'hospitality'. I am worrying less about the state of the floors and more about the needs of the people who come. And it has already been an encouragement to me.

I spoke to The Lovely Linda about is last week and this week she sent me an encouraging verse from 'The Message' with her own words to 'know that you are in a right place - doing the right thing - right now!'. The verses from The Message were Romans 15:1-2
     "Those of us who are strong and able in the faith need to step in and lend a hand to
      those who falter, and not just do what is most convenient for us. Strength is for service,
      not for status. Each one of us needs to look after the good of the people around us, asking
      ourselves, "How can I help?"."

1 comment:

  1. I cannot tell you what a blessing this has been to us. It has helped us enormously just to know we have one night a week to look forward to! Thank you xxx

    ReplyDelete